Going to be at Otafest this weekend with brownrabbits!
We’ll be at tables 5A-5B (Isle A) & 7A - 7B (Isle B)!
I’ll be sharing my table with bottlewonderland. :)
Feel free to come visit us!
Do you know Japanese? If not, was it hard to communicate in Japan?
Yes I know Japanese.
Majority of the time I was there the phases you will mostly hear is “Welcome” “Your total comes to $—” “Thank you very much” “What would you like to order” “Where are you from?” “Sorry no photographs” “Please wait a moment”, having conversation with the folks there wasn’t an issue since they usually say the same things, for me I did mostly sight seeing and shopping so I heard the same phrases. If you plan on going to Japan, Tokyo, bring someone with a good sense of direction (And know a good amount of Japanese) cause Tokyo is a huge maze when it comes to the trains, I got lost so many times even with someone who lives in Japan. Talking is no problem, but getting around.. xD;;
Japan Trip Day oo9/May 7, 2013
Went to Studio Ghibili Museum today, everything hit me hard with the nostalgia train.. *-*;; Unfortunately you’re not allowed to take photos inside of the Museum, so I took pictures of the outdoors. I totally forgot that Miyazaki really enjoys nature so a lot of the setting was full of vines and plants! The Museum consisted a lot of ‘This is my work space, this is how we work, see how we animate, gift shops, my inspirations’ of the Ghibili team, there was also a movie theater for 14 minute shorts, they change every day and I got to watch Mei & the Kitten Bus. I had my mouth open the whole time while I was watching.. xDD
- Totoro at the information booth!
- Entrance to the museum
- Laputian Robot!! This was quite the sight *-* It was biiig!!
- Those Cubes from Castle in the sky that Musca touches!! xD
- One side of the building!
- Straw Hat Cafe waiting area, official Ghibili food? LOL 8D
- THE, PLATES, WERE, SO CUTE… Katsu Curry with Gemni rice, Egg pudding with caramel, and Egg sandwich!
Japan Trip Day oo8/May 6, 2013
Forgot to write my entry up for yesterday, but here it is! I went to Odaiba to play! I got to eat at a Takoyaki Museum, Ramen Museum, saw the 1:1 RX-78-2 Gundam and then went to a Onsen Park! I met up with some friends from Anime Revolution and we went together! :)
- Gundam 1:1 RX-72-2! IT WAS HUUUGE! I didn’t get to see it at night unfortunately, apparently it lights up and blows smoke outta its chest O_O
- Went to a maid cafe with some friends, Maid cafe’s have so many cute girls *-* I just wanna take pics with all of them, too bad I’m poor orz;;;
- Drew Sen Mei for Anime Revolution, I was hanging out with them all day :D
- Went to Oedo Onsen Monogatari, they had it themed after the Vocaloid song Senbonzakura! It was soooo fancy in there *-* I had to do the milk-drink pose after my bath haha!! Appearently the Onsen is open all night until 9AM.. O_O;;
Japan Trip Day oo7/May 5, 2013
Today was a chill day, I met up with my Exchange students from High School & their family and went shopping at Tokyo Station! Got to eat a lot of snacks! *-* We went to Karaoke in Akihabara later too, everything is so up to date *tear*… Went to the Jump & Rilakkuma stores today too *-*
- Went to eat my first Hamburg Steak! It was so delicious ;___;
- Got some Macaroons today!
- Found the Shonen Jump store at Tokyo Station!
- Had my first traditional “bento” and some grilled sausage! *-*
- My Rilakkuma loot!